As one investigation of an MIT professor proved, nature has designed cats as much more resourceful drinkers if compared to their canine counterparts.
It has been proven on the practice. When a dog wants to drink some water, it uses the tongue in order to scoop the liquid from a plate into the mouth. Experts say that it is absolutely inefficient and sloppy method of hydration the body. On the other hand, cats were observed to balance with the help of gravity to get every drop into their mouths. Cats use the tip of their tongue in order to pull the water upward, and they always know when exactly they need to close their jaws before gravity will return the liquid into the bowl.
Interesting Variations of Cats and Dogs
- Dogs are very easy and quick to train some can be trained on a few minutes to obey basic commands like ‘sit’ or ‘come’. Most cats are very hard if not impossible to train.
- Dogs like to socialize as much as they can, they always want to be in the middle of anything that goes on around them. Cats at the same time prefer loneliness, they are greatly attached to their territory but much more than to any two or four legged animals.
- Dogs have 42 teeth while cats only 30.
- Cats are great in jumping and climbing. This ability gives them more options if they have to go hunting to get some food. It also helps them to feel more protective in various threatening situations. Dogs are thought to be more earthbound, it means that they always need their pack to hunt effectively. As they have pretty limited options to get away from predators, they usually become aggressive and often ready to repulse.
- Dogs are scavenging carnivores. It means that their primary food is meat, but if it is necessary they still can survive on plant diet without eating any meat. At the same time cats are thought to be obligate or pretty strict carnivores. Cats cannot sustain their life without eating meat in any form.
- In the wild nature, dogs run down their prey to catch it, as they are proven long distance runners, but absolutely not sprinters. When a cat is hunting, it creeps up on the prey and tries to catch it by surprise. As opposite to the dogs, cats are sprinters and not long distance runners.
- According to a pets comparison help, cats cannot be fasted and should never be dieted down too fast. Cats do not efficiently burn their fat reserves using it as an energy source. Opposite to the common belief, without food cat’s body breaks down non-fatty tissues to get more energy. Such their ability/disability may lead to a heavy life-threatening liver condition which is called hepatic lipidosis. In these issues dogs lead. They are really better at using their fat reserves so they can tolerate a lack of food for much longer time as compared to cats.