Pets over a period of time become a member of the family and their well being essentially becomes the responsibility of the homeowners. Just like babies and infants, pets need vaccination and regular health checks too. As far as touring to different places of interest is concerned, there are times when you need to carry them with you.
Not all hotels, hostels, and boarding places will allow your pet to stay with you. And for the dog & cat boarding hotels that allow you to carry your pet along, you have to make sure that they are properly vaccinated so that in the event of unforeseen event like (accidentally biting someone else) will not harm the victim. So, here we will discuss how to go about the pet vaccination part and also the health requirements that are required when you are planning to put up with your pet.
Boarding requirements of dogs
Given below are few essential aspects pertaining to pet boarding that you need to take into account. These are as follows-
- It is mandatory for all dogs to have been examined by a veterinarian (licensed) in the last 1 year. This ensures that the pet dogs will not fall ill when they put up at the boarding. Examination means pet flea & tick prevention, heartworm & intestinal worm prevention, and regular dental checks. Puppy classes are not unheard of. You can visit any North Shore vet hospital for the same.
- As an extension of the above point, dogs should also have undergone internal as well as external parasite prevention tests. As far as the former is concerned (internal), tests are Interceptor and Heartgard. And when it comes to external tests, they include Frontline, Advantage Multi, K9 Advantix, and Revolution.
- The following vaccinations need to be taken as boarding requirements –
- Aside from the above requirements, dogs must also get their faeces tested or should have tested in the last 12 months. This is because infection also spreads through fecal matter when in contact with other pets.
Ideally, pets should have pet insurance so that in the event they fall ill the expenses that are incurred can be covered by the health insurance coverage. Prior to setting off for vacations and breaks, it is best to take your pets for thorough check-up. These screening health tests are conducted at almost all veterinary clinics. You could also find out more about the AQIS Pet Quarantine Services.
If you deem necessary it is recommended that pet desexing be carried out. There are many households that prefer hospital stay for their pets. These veterinary hospitals or clinics have state of art facilities. Not only that they also offer free drop off service and pet grooming sessions.
Boarding requirements for cats and vaccination essentials
Just as dogs require vaccinations and need to fulfil certain boarding requirements, cats need them too. When you put up at a hotel that also allows pets, make sure you find out from the travel desk for important numbers that you might require. For cat boarding requirements you can check out cat boarding North Shore.
- The cats must have been examined by a licensed veterinary in the last 12 months. This will ensure that the other pets boarding in the same hotel/hostel does not get infected. Ask for nutritional advice from veterinary practitioners prior to setting off for tours and holiday breaks along with your pets. By doing so, you know that you will be to arrange the right kind of food. However, this holds true not just for cats but also for dogs.
- Vaccination for cats should be taken from licensed veterinary practitioner and the following vaccines should be taken –
- Feline Leukemia
- Ideally, the same procedure should be followed for cats as is applicable for dogs.